Our office provides legal representation for indigent people charged with criminal offenses in Greene County:
- The criminal offense must be one that could result in a loss of freedom.
- Potential clients must apply with our office by providing household income and other information.
- This is a poverty program and you must be determined to be indigent.
What We Do
- The Greene County Public Defender’s Office provides defense representation in criminal matters that could result with a jail term.
- The person accused of a criminal offense must apply for our services.
- We do not handle non-criminal defense issues such as bankruptcy, custody, divorce, disability, employment or housing issues.
- If you need assistant with these matters, we suggest that you contact Legal Aid.
- The Greene County Public Defender’s Office does assign cases to attorneys that qualify.
- If you are an attorney and would like to apply to be on the assigned counsel list, please contact our office for more information.