Administrative Services

The Juvenile Court support staff in the Clerk’s Office are responsible for:
  • Citations
  • Issuing summons
  • Scheduling hearings
  • Subpoenas
  • Warrants
  • A variety of other cases
These cases include:
  • Abuse
  • Child support
  • Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
  • Custody
  • Dependent children
  • Juvenile delinquency and unruly
  • Juvenile traffic offenses
  • Neglect
  • Parental educational neglect
  • Paternity
  • Permanent custody / surrender
  • Visitation

Other Services

The Juvenile Court also accepts filings for Grandparent Power of Attorney, by which a parent places a child into the care and physical custody of the grandparent, without relinquishing legal custody, and which the parent can rescind at any time.

Along these same lines we have the Caregiver Authorization Affidavit. This is also limited to grandparents. This is filed when a grandparent has physical custody of a child but cannot locate either of the child’s parents. Otherwise, it’s the same as the Grandparent Power of Attorney and will give you the same rights (ability to obtain medical and dental care, enroll in school, and talk with teachers and counselors).

Support staff will provide forms for the public to complete when a party wishes to apply for custody, object to a child support order or ask for court appointed counsel. A number of questions will be asked of the person inquiring to determine if Greene County Juvenile Court has jurisdiction over the matter. The clerks may answer general questions but cannot complete the forms for you, nor can they give legal advice. Support staff also accepts juvenile delinquency complaints and traffic citations from the various law enforcement agencies with Greene County. Complaints are not accepted from private individuals.

Payments for outstanding fines and court costs are accepted in the Clerk’s Office in person or by mail. If sending payments by mail, we ask that you send a check or money order, made payable to Greene County Juvenile Court, no cash please, and include the case number, if you have it.