Estate Administration

An Estate Administration case needs to be opened in Greene County when a resident of Greene County (or someone who owns real estate in Greene County), dies having assets that need to be administered in Probate Court. If you are not sure if the decedent's assets need to be administered in Probate Court, please contact an attorney for assistance in determining how the assets need to be transferred. The Deputy Clerks in Probate Court are prohibited by law from giving legal advice.

The Court does not issue Letters of Authority or any Entries authorizing a transfer, without a case first being opened in our Court. If you are not able to determine the correct action to open in our Court, we recommend you hire an attorney for legal advice.

Common Estate Actions

Other Available Estate Actions