- Employment Opportunities
Hiring Process for Deputy Sheriffs & Corrections OfficersThe Greene County Sheriff’s Office offers full testing services for the position of Deputy Sheriff's through National Testing Network, Inc. (NTN). To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com, select Law Enforcement and sign up for the Greene County Sheriff’s Office under the State of Ohio. To apply for Corrections Officer positions go to INDEED.com and search on Correction Officers in Xenia, Ohio or call 937-562-4717 for additional information.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
- Completion of the application process.
- Review all information related to the Greene County Sheriff’s Office's Office Deputy Sheriff, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- Detailed information about the testing process for the entry level test.
- Opportunity to take online practice tests at www.reacttest.com.
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered at different dates and times depending on the test center’s schedule.
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
The Greene County Sheriff’s Office will contact candidates on the list, in order of their test score, and will invite them to continue to participate in other stages of the agency selection process.
National Testing Network is a service provided to conduct entry level testing in a standardized, professional environment. National Testing Network does not replace the Greene County Sheriff’s Office’s responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided to the Greene County Sheriff’s Office where the final decisions are made.
Special Deputy ProgramThe Greene County Sheriff’s Office has a Special Deputy program, which is an auxiliary position to assist the Sheriff’s Office. A Special Deputy is utilized to serve for supplemental assistance to various regular activities of the Sheriff’s Office. This is not a regular deputy sheriff position. The qualifications for Special Deputy are the same as a full-time Deputy Sheriff. Special Deputies must have their Ohio Basic Police Training (OPOTA) completed prior to application. As a Special Deputy you are required to volunteer 12 hours a month and attend a 2 hour monthly meeting. There are some limited opportunities to work paid events.
The Greene County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.