Commissioner Thomas R. Koogler
January 3, 2021 through January 2, 2025
Tom Koogler may be reached by calling the Board of Commissioners at (937) 562-5006 or mailing him at:
Commissioner Thomas Koogler
35 Greene St.
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Tom Koogler is a life-long resident of Greene County, Ohio. He and Amy have been married for 40 years and have three children, Todd, Mark and Shane with five grandchildren. His drive for success led him to begin his entrepreneurial career at the age of 20 with the start-up of his first company, T.R. Koogler Refuse Collection, with one customer in Bellbrook in 1967.
This company became Koogler Suburban with headquarters in Fairborn. The company was eventually sold to Waste Management, Inc., a Fortune 500 company. Tom later became a Regional Vice President with Waste Management where he was responsible for 52 operations with 2,000 employees, generating over $750 million annually.
In 2021, Tom began his third four-year term as Greene County Commissioner.
In 2003, Tom retired from the waste industry, but within two years became a partner in a construction company building custom homes. In 2009, Tom further expanded his business interests and formed an additional company providing roof cleaning services.
Tom's business experience as an entrepreneur and a Regional Vice President required collaboration with CEO's, mayors, city managers and county commissioners, as well as numerous state governmental regulators.
Over the years and to present day, Tom has given of his time and business expertise to many nonprofit organizations.
The following are some of the boards and committees on which he served that have benefited from his commitment to Greene County:
- Present Board member of Fairborn Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board member of Greene County Transit Authority (Greene CATS)
- Past President of Fairborn Chamber of Commerce
- Past member of Greene County Solid Waste Advisory
- Past Board member of Greene County Community Improvement Corporation (C.I.C.)
- Past member and President of Shawnee Hills Property Owners Association
- Past Board member of Greene County Parks and Recreation
- Past Board member of Fairborn Y.M.C.A.
His visionary approach, and proven leadership ability combined with pride in his community are valuable traits that will benefit the residents of Greene County.
- Solid Waste Policy Committee