The Greene County Recorder’s Office is pleased to announce a new initiative that will benefit our United States Military Veterans. With the Governor’s signature of HB173, we now are permitted to issue Veteran ID Cards.
In conjunction with the Greene County Veteran’s Services, Greene County Veterans will be able to obtain a Veteran Identification Card from our office. This Card will display a picture of the Veteran, as well as, Service Branch, Address, and Military Discharge Recordation information. As always, there is no cost to record a Military Discharge, or to obtain certified copies of your Military discharge. This card can be carried in your wallet and replace the need to carry the discharge document to verify proof of military service.
In order to receive the new Vet ID Card, a Veteran must record their Military Discharge with The Greene County Recorder’s Office, and show TWO of the following identifications: (per ORC-317.241)
- An original or a certified birth certificate.
- An identification card issued by the United States department of veterans affairs.
- A United States military identification card.
- A social security card.
- A license or permit to carry a concealed weapon issued by this state or any other state.
- A motor vehicle operator's license issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the licensee.
- An identification card issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual identified.
- A valid passport that bears a photograph of the individual to whom the passport was issued.
- A United States armed forces discharge record.
ID Cards will only be issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. The Cards will be valid for ten years and there will be no fee to obtain a Veteran ID Card. The Veteran ID Card can be obtained at the Greene County Recorder’s Office:
69 Greene St., 3rd Floor
Xenia, Ohio 45385
Telephone number – (937) 562-5270.
(Corner of Market Street and Greene Street – across from the Xenia Branch of the Greene County Library.)