Who may solemnize a marriage?
Only a duly ordained minister who is registered with the Secretary of the State of Ohio, a Judge, a Mayor, or the Superintendent of the State School for the Deaf may solemnize a marriage.
Greene County Probate Court does not perform marriage ceremonies.

To register with the Secretary of State or to find out if your minister is registered, call (614) 466-2585.

Show All Answers

1. How much does a marriage license cost?
2. How do I get a certified copy of my marriage record?
3. How long will it take to get our marriage license?
4. Is there a waiting period, or can we get married the same day?
5. How long is my marriage license valid?
6. Do both parties have to be here together?
7. Must I show proof of divorce, dissolution or annulment?
8. Do I need to make an appointment?
9. Who may solemnize a marriage?
10. How do I obtain proof of my "Common Law Marriage"?
11. Are you open on Saturdays?
12. Do we need blood tests?