Can I file my own court papers? If so, how?
You may file your own papers; however, it is recommended you hire an attorney. Contact the Greene County Bar Association or Dayton Bar Association for a referral. You may also contact Legal Aid of Western Ohio to see if you qualify for discounted or pro bono legal services.

If you choose to represent yourself and need paperwork, visit the Forms page and choose the paperwork that fits your needs. Visit the Self-Represented Parties page for more information on proceeding pro se.

Please note that Court personnel cannot provide legal advice.

Show All Answers

1. What types of cases are handled by the Domestic Relations Court?
2. Where is the Court located?
3. Where can I get copies of my court papers?
4. How can I find out my hearing date?
5. I can’t come to court on the assigned hearing date. How do I get a new date?
6. Can I file my own court papers? If so, how?
7. Why can’t I talk to the Judge or Magistrate?
8. What should I do if I moved or plan to move?
9. What is mediation?
10. What is service and why is it important?
11. Do I need an attorney?
12. Who should I contact for a referral to an attorney?
13. What if I can't afford an attorney?