What if I can't afford an attorney?
Many people assume they cannot afford an attorney, but have never researched the actual cost of representation. Before you assume you cannot afford representation, contact local attorneys to see what representation will cost. You will likely find an attorney who either offers unbundled legal services or is willing to work out a payment plan. Contact the Greene County Bar Association or Dayton Bar Association for a referral to an attorney.

You may also seek assistance from Legal Aid of Western Ohio. Legal Aid accepts a limited number of clients, and you must meet their qualifications before they will accept your case. Contact Legal Aid at (937) 228-8088.

Show All Answers

1. What types of cases are handled by the Domestic Relations Court?
2. Where is the Court located?
3. Where can I get copies of my court papers?
4. How can I find out my hearing date?
5. I can’t come to court on the assigned hearing date. How do I get a new date?
6. Can I file my own court papers? If so, how?
7. Why can’t I talk to the Judge or Magistrate?
8. What should I do if I moved or plan to move?
9. What is mediation?
10. What is service and why is it important?
11. Do I need an attorney?
12. Who should I contact for a referral to an attorney?
13. What if I can't afford an attorney?