What if I can't afford the filing fee?
If you are unable to pay the filing fee due to financial hardship, you may be eligible to have the fee waived. If you would like the Judge to consider waiving your filing fee, please submit a Poverty Affidavit. The Poverty Affidavit should be completed in its entirety and submitted with your other paperwork for review by the Compliance Department.

Once your paperwork is approved by the Compliance Department, your Poverty Affidavit will be sent to the Judge for review. If your Affidavit is approved, you will not be required to pay the filing fee at the time of filing. You may be required to pay court costs at the conclusion of your case.

If your Affidavit is denied, the filing fee must be paid in full before your paperwork can be filed.

Show All Answers

1. Can I represent myself?
2. Can Court Staff give me legal advice?
3. Can I file my own court papers? If so, how?
4. Does the Court accept commercially prepared forms that can be found on the Internet or at an office supply store?
5. What is the difference between a Divorce and a Dissolution?
6. What is compliance?
7. How long will it take for my Divorce/Dissolution to be finalized?
8. How much does it cost to file?
9. What is the mandatory parenting seminar and how do I sign up?
10. What if I can't afford the filing fee?