Greene County seeks a qualified and willing public or private partner to (1) assess the current availability of broadband internet services, (2) design a plan for the construction of an expanded network to address the deficient areas within the County, and (3) partner with the County to construct the required middle mile and last mile infrastructure. This infrastructure will provide broadband services in the areas of the County not currently served or currently underserved. The purpose of the Request for Proposals (RFP) is to receive proposals from interested partners who have the technical expertise, resources, and capacity to design and construct broadband
infrastructure and to provide access to retail service operations that will support increased and dedicated broadband connectivity that exceeds FCC minimum standards to the areas of the County not meeting the minimum qualifications of 25 Mbps of download and 3 Mbps of upload.
Project goals include:
1. Assess current access to broadband with available speeds and identify current/ongoing gaps in service for unserved and underserved areas of the County
2. Develop a proposed system design that:
a. Remediates unserved and underserved areas of the County with a minimum speed of 50 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload
b. Identifies the infrastructure needed to support the delivery of leading-edge broadband services consistent with the proposed design
c. Supports the operational needs of individuals and businesses through a platform of high-speed internet services
d. Establishes the conditions that strive to offer a competitive rate structure for the products and services delivered to end users over the network, such as a fixed rate structure for a dedicated time frame to ensure all residents will have affordable access to the system
e. Uses all available technology options to deliver a sustainable infrastructure that is as robust and flexible as is practical
3. Establish Greene County as being at the forefront of the most connected communities in Ohio, the region, and the nation
4. Provide flexibility such that the system design may be implemented as a whole or in phases
5. Provide for long-term service delivery to end users with a high-quality product and superior customer service
6. Address potential partnerships with organizations that would assist residents in subscribing to the broadband system, as well as financing those subscriptions to close the gap for those residents in unserved and underserved areas.
7. Implement as expediently and professionally as possible without compromising the integrity of the project
8. Full transparency
9. Sustainable on a long-term basis
Proposals will be evaluated for evidence of the respondent’s ability to meet the stated project goals, including the aggressive timeline, and to implement a designed system pursuant to the scoring criteria listed in this RFP and a formal presentation if selected as a finalist. The identified partner will move forward with negotiations to enter into an agreement with the County to begin implementation of the scope of work identified in this RFP and the negotiated terms.